T-BALL and T-BALL/MACHINE PITCH
The T-Ball and T-Ball/Machine Pitch programs offer a fun environment for boys and girls to learn the fundamentals of baseball. The purpose of these leagues is to formulate rules of play that will guarantee all players equal participation in the game and provide coaching that will develop team spirit and sportsmanship, rather than expert players. It is the basic philosophy of the League to provide a wholesome experience for all players.
AGE LIMITS FOR 2017
7U (Machine Pitch) YOUTH BORN ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2009
6U (T-Ball/Coach Pitch) YOUTH BORN ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2010
5U (T-Ball) YOUTH BORN ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2011
PRACTICE AND GAME TIMES
T-Ball and T-ball/Machine pitch will practice for one hour during the week on a day the coach chooses or when there is time available. Games are on Saturday’s and there may be a game or two on Thursday nights. Games start around the of April, practice usually starts a week or two before that.
- Every attempt will be made by the Director to keep the team rosters to a maximum of 12 players. Please recognize that there may be exceptions based upon the number of registrations received.
- Every effort will be made to honor requests for players to play with friends or for certain coaches, based upon the number of registrations and the number of requests. New players will be added to existing rosters from the previous season, such as to maintain some continuity among the coaches for purposes of teaching basic skills.
- Players may be added to teams after the registration deadline at the discretion of the Director.
- All players and coaches are expected to attend and be on time for weekly practices and games. We urge that parents provide coaches with 24-hour notice if you anticipate not making a practice or a game, in fairness to the other members of the team and the coach’s time.
- All coaches (head coaches and assistants) are required to attend VIRTUS training, as mandated by the Diocese of Covington and Blessed Sacrament School. Information on training sessions can be found at http://www.virtus.org/.
- There are to be a minimum of two responsible adults (VIRTUS-trained) at each practice and game.
- Coaches must ensure that all players have parents or designated guardians pick them up at the conclusion of each practice and game. The coach is expected to stay at the practice/game location until all players have been escorted from that location.
- Parents/guardians should be prompt in dropping off/picking up their children, out of courtesy for the coaching staff.
- All players will play in the field every inning of every game on defense. The batting order and speed of the game will dictate how many ‘at-bats’ each player receives.
- Defensive players must change positions every inning, to ensure all players have equal opportunity to play infield/outfield.
COMMUNICATION AND SPORTSMANSHIP
- Players, coaches, and parents/guardians are accountable for their behavior during practices and games. They are expected to display good sportsmanship and a positive attitude towards other players, coaches, and parents/guardians. If unsportsmanlike behavior is displayed, it will be up to the Director to determine whether or not corrective action should be taken. Disrespectful or unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of any player, coach, or parent will not be tolerated.
RULES FOR T-BALL & COACH PITCH DIVISIONS can be found at www.crosstownbaseball.com